There are hundreds of species of wasps found around the world but only a few of these are considered as pests in Australia. Colour ranges from black to combinations of black with yellow, white or brown markings. The slim, winged body measures 10 to 19 mm (l/2" to 3/4") and all wasp species have chewing mouth parts, while the females possess a stinger.
Understanding their habits, appearance and lifecycle can really help to identify the best solution to control wasp for your home. If you have concern, it is highly recommended to seek professional pest control advice and service, our technicians are well trained and licensed to safely remove wasps and their nest from your home without harm.
1. NBD Pest Control will inject a pesticide in the nest to kill all stages of the insect present in the nest. If possible, NBD will remove the nest once safe in doing so.
2. Wasps that are out of the nest at the time of the treatment may return to the area and be controlled upon re-entering the nest. Where the nest has been removed these insects will typically disperse from the area.
1. Make sure fallen fruit from trees are disposed of.
2. Keep windows and doors locked at all times
3. Keep children and pests away from the place for safety reasons
4. Sealing holes and other potential sites may help prevent nesting.
5. Do not seal the hole once nest is established until after treating as this may result in wasp attacks.